Travertine is a form of limestone and has a fibrous and
concentric appearance. Typically travertine comes in white, tan, cream, grays,
and even red tones.
A few common uses are:
- Shower steps
- Shower sills
- Shower shelves
- Pool Decks
- Pool Walls
- Fireplace surrounds
- Tub surrounds
- End tables
Benefits and Cautions with Travertine
- Not two slabs are the same
- It is durable and aesthetically appealing
- Fairly porous and is likely to absorb liquids
left on the surface
- Finish and surface can be damaged by vinegar or
citric acid based cleaners.
- We recommend applying a sealer to reduce the
chance of damage to your stone.