Quartz is a composite of natural minerals and rocks - Quartz is manufactured by binding Quartz minerals, resin, pigments, and other fillers.
Quartz is ideal for interior applications such as kitchens, bathrooms, vanity tops, stairs, tub and shower surrounds, wet bars, tabletops, desktops, and wherever their is a large need for sanitary and maintenance.
Benefits of Quartz are:
- Consistent slab size, creating a minimal amount of waste products.
- Elimination of natural defects such as veining, pores, cracks, or fissures
- Resistant to scratching and chipping
- Resistant to heat
- Resistant to stains
- Resistant to acids, alkaline, chemicals, and solvents
- Resistant to mildew and mold
- Immune to freezing and thawing
- Low Maintenance - no sealing, polishing, or reconditioning is needed. Just simply clean with soap and hot water.
- On Mohs Hardness Scale Quartz is a seven (diamond is a ten)