Granite is a composite of quartz, alkali, and feldspar. It
is an igneous rock and is formed by magma. Granite comes in a large variety of
colors, please check out our gallery to see a few examples, or make an appointment to
visit a stone yard to select your own.
Granite is ideal for a wide variety of applications both
indoor and outdoors, high traffic or low traffic. This makes it a flexible
stone for practically any project in your home or business.
A few common uses are:
- Indoor and outdoor bars
- Vanity tops
- Tub decks and shower surrounds
- Pool decks
- Table tops and stands
- Window Sills
- Household accessories such as lazy susans,
decorative platters, cutting boards, pastry boards, and many more options.
Benefits of Granite are:
- Every slab is unique
- Heat will not damage the surface
- Granite will not chip or crack under normal wear
- Naturally resistant to stains
- 2nd on the Mohs Hardness Scale to
- Low Maintenance – just clean with soap and water
- Does not harbor bacteria
- Can be honed or polished
Due to the porous nature of natural stone it is possible to
absorb water and oils; we therefore recommend an impregnating sealer.